Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Juice Feast - Day 1

So I decided to try a 7 day juice feast. Initially I didn't think I needed the fast/feast but I've noticed more and more that I feel so much better after a juice versus and an actual meal. I'm also hoping it will put me on the fast track to alkalizing my body.  I've read a lot of mixed information online about whether or not juice fasts are good for those with Candida, but as I said before juicing has made me feel really good so far. Plus it should help to give my body a break while I'm on the Candida Yeast Answer program  by not having to work so hard to digest my food along with all the healing that needs to occur.

I am keeping the fruit minimal - only green apples and lemon. I am also continuing to use ground flaxseed for fiber while on the fast. It's crucial to have healthy bowel movements while fighting Candida and juicing removes the insoluble fiber from the fruits and vegetables.

Day one has not been too bad. Around 3pm I noticed a mild headache coming on that I still have but it's nothing too terrible. I had enough energy early in the day to do some yard work, but I'm definitely feeling tired now. I didn't having any hunger or cravings at all until dinner time came around. About 5pm I got really tempted to go out and get something to eat.

Luckily I timed this so that my boyfriend is out of town for the first four days of my juice feast. That way I don't have to watch or smell what he is eating while my body adjusts to not eating. I'm not sure I could do it if I had to watch him eat all the things I love while I just drank juice. That being said I really enjoy the taste of the juice, even the really green ones. They are definitely satisfying.

I prepared for this fast/feast by doing some major grocery shopping yesterday. I have a fridge full of vegetables including: kale, spinach, broccoli, parsley, cabbage, green apples, carrots, cucumbers, green peppers, celery, limes, brussel sprouts and ginger. Unfortunately the healthfood store was out of dandelion greens. I plan to track my expenses while on the juice feast to see just how much it really costs versus eating normally. Most of what I purchased was organic.

*I am not a medical professional and claim no medical expertise. Please consult your healthcare professional before beginning any diet program.

No comments:

Post a Comment